Formerly known as Bhagwandas Swadhyaypith was established in 1921 later named as Dr. Bhagwandas Central Library. He was renowned philosopher and first Vice Chancellor of the university. Many stalwarts of the national movement including Pandit Jawahar lal Nehru, Jamunalal Bajaj, Acharya J.B. Kripalani, Puroshottamdas Tandon, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai, Dr. Sampurnanand, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Pandit
Kamalapati Tripathi etc.were closely associated with this library. It has rich collection of books in Humanities, Social Sciences, and Science, now the library is developing as a centre of modern learning
Dr. Bhagwandas Central Library occupies a place of pride and is an essential component of the university's outstanding research and education mission. It is a most lively place on the campus providing a safe, comfortable and friendly environment that enables learning and advancement of knowledge, and promotes discovery and scholarship. Mission of the Central Library is to facilitate creation of new knowledge through acquisition, organization and dissemination of knowledge resources and providing for value added services.